This recipe was originally found on the back of a tin of Campbell’s condensed mushroom soup, though I think I’ve tweaked it over the years.
- 200g pasta shapes – anything except spaghetti or linguine
- 1 tin Campbell’s condensed mushroom soup
- 200ml milk (made from powder or UHT)
- Small quantity tinned or frozen onion, if available
- 200g tin tuna, drained
- 200g tin sweetcorn, drained, or frozen
- 100g grated cheddar, for the top, if available (can be stored frozen)
- Cook and drain the pasta
- Stir in the soup, milk, onions, tuna and sweetcorn. Heat through, stirring regularly.
- If you don’t have any cheese, it can be served at this point and is a nice, creamy sauce.
- If you do have cheese, transfer it to an oven-proof dish, top with the cheese and grill until the cheese is golden.